Monday, March 15, 2010

Bottling Notes, Irish Red, 15mar2008

Bottled up the Irish red today approximately 3 weeks and 2 days after brewing. It definately was somewhat cleared at this point, and smelled great! I bottled with ~11 tbsp of corn sugar (~3.7 oz) shooting for around 2.3 volumes CO2. Got about 51 x 12 oz bottles worth.

Of note: I used autosiphon for the first time today, it was pretty easy to use and actually let me leave alot of yeast sediment in the primary, which will improve my bottled beer by note having an ass ton of yeast in the bottle.

Final Stats on the Irish Red:

OG: 1.050
FG: 1.016
% Attenuation: 67%
% alcohol: 4.4%
Calories/12 oz: ~165

I'm stoked about this beer, I feel like i upgraded my process with the better temp control of a carboy, the smoother racking with the autosiphon (and leaving alot of sediment behind). I'm hoping that after about 3 weeks in the bottle, it will taste fanstastic and be nice and clear.

No comments: